This piece is by Chris Linnares
The key to being beautiful is knowing that you already are. But sometimes it’s hard to acknowledge our own beauty when we just don’t feel beautiful. Here are some things you can do to remind yourself that you’re already beautiful.
- Let go of all ideas that promise “beauty” and instead aim for health. Trim your hair if it will make it healthy, lose or gain weight if it will make you healthy, use home made skin creams and toners to keep your skin healthy, or eat healthy foods to be beautiful.
- Exercise! it makes you feel better about yourself as well as gives you more energy.
- Smile! It’ll make you feel and look a lot happier!
- Do what you’re good at. For example if English is your forte, write essays, or if you’re brilliant at sports don’t be afraid to play matches.
- Treat yourself! Buy yourself a smoothie, go for a walk in the woods, watch a movie at home with your friends, or read a new book. Do something that doesn’t involve how you look.
- Accept others for who they are as well. Just because someone is a different shape, size, or color than you doesn’t mean that they don’t deserve to have self confidence as well. Give people around you reasons to make them think that they are beautiful. If you do that to others, it will make you feel good, and you’ll realize that beauty is abundant – around you and within you.
- Be nice to others. That will make their day too! The most beautiful person you can ever see with a nasty attitude isn’t beautiful at all.
- Make everything around you beautiful, whether this means decorating your room with nice lights or positive pictures from magazines, having beautiful surroundings will make you feel beautiful too! Write “confidence-boosters” on post-it notes, on fridge magnets, on the bathroom mirror with eyeliner… places you’re bound to see it.
- Your life is what you make of it. If you make yourself out to be beautiful, then that’s the way you live your life, so live you life to the fullest, most beautiful way possible, and that’s the way you will feel!