I was driving my car the other day and listening to a local public talk radio station. On the show, Snap Judgment, Rebecca Hertz was sharing her experience of working on a reality TV show in which the women went through dramatic plastic surgery to be attractive. The show claimed to be improving the womens self esteem their transforming them on the outside. But is that possible? Does looking great on the outside transform someone to feeling great on the inside? It reminds me of the article we posted The Swan Who Thinks Like An Ugly Duckling, our negative self talk often continues. I do not believe reality shows like this one help women. I wanted to share this piece because it does what the reality show did not in that it shares what the experience was really like. It also points out how our environment changes how we think, and women surrounded by plastic surgery begin obsessing over pieces of themselves. Please take a few minutes to click on the link and then listen to the segment “Only Volunteers”.
Get the Beauty Mirror App
- RT @kareembas: Don't forget you are beautiful. Let everyone know our hearts determine our beauty. join @TeamTrueBeauty and order your ts ... 6 years ago
- RT @Meggsnel: @ash30 have you heard about @TeamTrueBeauty? We raise awareness on the importance of inner beauty! Would love if you'd follow! 6 years ago
- RT @TheNoteboook: Outer beauty grows old, inner beauty lasts an eternity. 6 years ago
- Get started today by creating 7 INNER BEAUTY STATEMENTS http://www.newmoon.com/form/82/inner-beauty-mirror-uncontest 6 years ago
- RT @emilybratkovich: RT @CaitlinHTP: The only requirement of having a dream is believing in it. - Molly Barker, @GOTRI 6 years ago